Monday 12 October 2009

A little bit of French Fancy.


My second attempt at digital drawing. It took about 20 hours more than my previous go, but I feel it is a large improvement. I have ventured away from the blocky outlines to try and incorporate definition with shading.

As with most studies, I used a photo reference off the internet. For now I am going to continue doing this until I feel I can effectively draw accuractely from my imagination. After all, anatomy is the most particular thing in drawing.


The tights I was particuarly lazy with, using the liquify feature to bend crosshatches to match the shape of the legs. I could have drawn it hand by hand, but I sacrificed attention for accuracy.

Out of everything in this picture, I am pleased with how the clothing turned out. I really enjoy how I made the skirt appear satinny and not just a flat slab of felt. The hair could have needed more work, but oh well.

No comments: